CQI Defence Special Interest Group (DSIG) | 3 Year Strategy (2019-2021)Promoting quality as a career pathway of choice in the Defence Sector
CQI Defence Special Interest Group (DSIG) | 3 Year Strategy (2019-2021)
Promoting quality as a career pathway of choice in the Defence Sector
Our Part in supporting CQI Strategy
“Supporting People & the Profession”
Establish a Defence Sector presence and framework that:
- Promotes Quality as a career pathway of choice in the Defence Sector.
- Provides Defence sector representation to the CQI.
- Provides Defence context on CQI strategy.
- Provides a challenge into the CQI for proposed changes to its service offering that may impact the Defence sector.
- Integrates with other strategic partners / groups to align approach and reduce duplication.
DSIG & CQI-Principles of engagement
- DSIG Steering Committee to include CQI as an Attending Member.
- CQI to provide update on performance against its goals at each DSIG Steering Committee meeting.
- DSIG strategy and supporting forward programme to be shared with and endorsed by CQI.
- DSIG to be consulted/ provide Defence Sector context into all relevant CQI initiatives.
- CQI to provide support to DSIG web / social media streams.
- CQI to endorse, support and provide representation at DSIG events.
elivering our strategy
- The value proposition of the quality professional in the Defence Sector.
- The DSIG as the authoritative voice on quality competence across the defence sector.
- A governance framework that delivers the key aims of the Defence Special Interest Group (DSIG), aligns with the CQI strategy and supports the defence sector.
- A costed and resourced plan that adopts industry best practice, leverages key relationships and establishes Quality as a career pathway of choice in Defence.
- The functional competence of quality professionals within Defence.
- Engagement with the DSIG member base, ensuring their voice is heard.
• The value proposition of the quality professional in the Defence Sector.
• The DSIG as the authoritative voice on quality competence across the defence sector.
Delivery against these objectives will provide the underpinning activity for the DSIG 3 year programme.
- Develop DSIG 3 year strategy-Jun; endorsed by CQI.
- Agreed high level principles and governance between CQI and DSIG
- Deliver [with CQI] an enhanced governance framework for SIGS.
Resets and redefines the relationship with the CQI, setting the groundwork for cross sector collaboration with other Special Interest Groups (SIG’s)
- Define, with the CQI, a framework for standardising quality career pathway, aligned to CQI member grades; includes early/ new careers.
- Develop/ deliver a Defence Body of Knowledge that sets out a coherent framework for Quality across the Defence Sector.
Underpinning work to develop a coherent career pathway that supports delivery of enhanced utilisation of functional resource.
- Produce DSIG endorsed comms plans that informs DSIG engagement with its stakeholder groups.
- Develop and improve the DSIG member base.
- Improve the DSIG value proposition, leveraging relationships with key strategic partners/ groups.
- Enhance [with CQI] DSIG web/ social media presence.
Reconnects the CQI with the Defence Community and provides a voice for the sector in influencing and shaping future strategy.